The Catering Supervisor is primarily responsible for running the daily catering operation such as the organization and coordination of various catering services and events as well as the supervision of the catering team for Take Five Ltd.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with clients from start to finish, including original inquiry, event administration, coordination and supervision of event, administration of staff hours, post-event follow-up and billing
- Promote and provide growth in sales through direct customer contact, marketing initiatives, up-selling, preparing catering contracts and final billings, as well as by providing exceptional service and attractive merchandising of products
- Work with Catering Manager to ensure “one-stop shopping” for clients, as much as possible, including coordination of supplemental services such as space, equipment, flowers, linen and various other supplies and services
- Ensure standards of quality and service are consistently met, as well as those related to sanitation, health, and safety, conduct trainings when necessary.
- Train all part-time staff. The incumbent may also oversee the work of cooks and food service assistants
- Oversee the planning and coordination of equipment lists, off-site kits, vehicle fleet schedules, and other areas that relate to and support the Catering unit
- Delivery, set-up and break-down of food, beverages and related supplies and equipment for catered events
- Supervision of catered and bar events on-site including the supervision and distribution of food, beverages as well as the catering team.
- Maintain a flexible schedule to facilitate supervision of daily operations and catering events as assigned
- Oversee and manage all day-to day operations in the absence of the Catering Manager
- All other duties deemed necessary and befit this leadership position
Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
- Associate degree or professional qualification in Hospitality or commensurate experience
- Three years’ experience in the food and beverage industry with Front of House, silver service experience and training preferred
- Full understanding and application of food safety with a high attention to detail are essential
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office, Inventories and Catering software
- Valid light and intermediate truck license with no demerits and safe driving track record
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to learn and apply supervisory skills, including conflict resolution
- Must be honest, reliable and demonstrate good judgement with the ability to think quickly and clearly in a high-pressure environment, multi-task and show initiative
- Must be a team player, responsible, self-starter with a positive attitude